- All those who want a baby should think many times what for they want a baby and if they are mentally and as a person (character) prepared to be a mother and a father.
- All those who want a baby should first make their calculations: financial, emotional, and everything that will be part of the life course of and with their child / children.
- In 10, 20, 30 years there will be 3 billion more people who will have needs, and wants. Many resources will be scarce. There isn’t an second or third planet for the world population!
- All humans have an immanent longing for genuine human values. But all human values will be suffocated!
- Conclusion: Only a new understanding of human development – understood as the fundamental meaning of each human – can create a new world for human’s fulfillment!
Consequences of the World Population Growth
- In 2036-2039 there will be an estimated 9 billion people on earth. 2050-2053 an estimated 10 billion.
- A huge majority never thinks about the individual and collective consequences of procreating a baby!
Billions of humans simply reproduce the ‘archaic’ past!
- Scarcity of fundamental needs will shape the world! The complex emotional impacts will be horrendous!
- The collective archetypal human development is lost! The collective degeneration will accelerate globally!
The Complex Interrelations: Unstoppable Growth Rate Factors
- People procreate 60-70 million babies every year. But most are not prepared for their responsibility.
- There is a progressive exponential factor of growth, especially in Asia and Africa (biggest threat to humanity!).
- Therefore, the global population will increase over the coming decades, an unstoppable growth!
Co-lateral Factors of Growth
- In 30-35 years an additional 3 billion people will need food, water, health care, education, sanitation, energy, clothes, shoes, condoms, and so on.
- In 30-35 years 10 billion people will produce gigantic volumes of sewage, air, water and soil pollution, chemical emissions, in general contamination and waste.
- Corporations will control up to 90% of all production, services and allocations. Consequences: very high unemployment, difficult to do business or to get a job.
- At the end of the Century: 12 billion people would need 3 planets for a sustainable life (like the average in the EU or US today).
- In 2050 an estimated 2 billion people will be over 60 with a further life expectancy of 15-30 years.
- Pension and unemployment payment will be minimal or impossible. A huge majority (90%?) will live in poverty.
- Politics and the economy must improve within 25 years the living conditions of minimum 3 billion people, today living in absolute or serious poverty.
- During the same time frame, politics and the economy must additionally provide to 2 billion new earth dwellers goods, services, and infrastructure.
- In total, within 25 years politics and economy must additionally (to the today well-off people) provide to these 3+2= 5 billion people goods, services, and infrastructure (in order to eliminate absolute and serious poverty).
What is most striking about meeting Dr. Schellhammer beyond his pleasant and polite manner; youthful disposition or passionate and sincere views on humanity and the planet, is his unshakable conviction that the world needs a new pioneering education. But exactly who is Dr. Schellhammer? Is he a Philosopher, an expert on Human Matters, a Psychologist, a prolific author of titles from psychology to politics and economics, an educator, or a visionary with a profound and beneficial insight into the human condition? The answer is that he is all that and more. In different age he would have been called a polymath, and probably kept close company with those giants of The Age of Enlightenment, like Jean Jacques Rousseau, Thomas Payne, perhaps even Thomas Jefferson.